The Qingdao National Laboratory for Marine Science and Technology (QNLM) in China is proud to host the World Climate Research Programme (WCRP)'s CLIVAR Open Science Conference "Charting the course for climate and ocean research" in September 2016. The Open Science Conference, and the associated Early Career Symposium and Regional Stakeholder Forum, promise to bring together prominent international scientists and the future generation of scientific leaders.
Abstract submission deadline: 25 March 2016
The collective voice and expertise of the international climate community is essential to shaping the international research agenda on the coupled ocean-atmosphere system. The World Climate Research Programme's (WCRP) core project on Climate and Ocean – CLIVAR – invites the international climate community to review the state of the science, to prioritize international research plans and to initiate and foster collaborations.
The objectives of the CLIVAR Open Science Conference are to:
- Review progress toward improved understanding of the dynamics, the interaction, and the predictability of the coupled ocean-atmosphere system
- Shape ideas to meet emerging ocean and climate science challenges
- Engage with the future generation of climate scientists
- Identify key climate research and stakeholder issues
- Develop and strengthen collaborations across nations, disciplines and age groups and promote integrative studies
In addition to the main event, the Conference will have two other events which will target specific audiences:
- The CLIVAR Early Career Scientists Symposium, a 3 day programme, designed by and for Early Career Scientists;
- The Regional Stakeholder Forum, a one day event bringing together CLIVAR scientists and practitioners who have an interest in climate science to exchange ideas, outline requirements and discuss future collaborations with a particular focus on the Asia-Pacific region.
Open Science Conference:
- Monday 19 September: QNLM Academic Exchange Center, Aoshanwei, Jimo, China
- Tuesday – Friday 20-23 September: Hyatt Regency Qingdao, Qingdao, China
Early Career Scientists Symposium
- 18, 24-25 September: The First Institute of Oceanography, SOA, Qingdao, China
Regional Stakeholder Forum
- 18 September: Hyatt Regency Qingdao, Qingdao, China
- Registration opened in December 2015.
- Abstracts can be submitted via the Conference website from December 2015 until 15 March 2016.
For more information visit the Conference website: www.clivar2016.org