The IMDIS 2016 Conference will focus on various existing systems for on-line access to data, meta-data and products, communication standards, adapted technology, and operating procedures to ensure platforms interoperability. Sessions will focus on infrastructures, technologies and services for a wide suite of users: environmental authorities, research, schools, universities, etc.
Abstract submission deadline extended to 27 May 2016
The Conference will be held in Gdańsk, Poland and is organized by:
- Institute of Oceanology - Polish Academy of Sciences (IO PAN), Poland
- Institute of Meteorology and Water Management (IMGW), Poland
- jointly with: French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea (IFREMER), British Oceanographic Data Centre (BODC), Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Marine Information Service (MARIS) and Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale (OGS), as part of the SeaDataNet consortium.
The Conference is organised into four sessions:
1. Marine information and data management
- Exchange, processing and interactive work with marine data sets from highly heterogeneous sources
- Federation and integration
- Network services and technologies
2. Marine environmental data bases: infrastructures and data access systems
- Coastal and deep-sea operational oceanography metadata/data systems
- Physical and bio-chemical databases for climate studies
- Geophysical and geological metadata/data systems
3. Data Services in ocean science
4. Services for Users and Education
- Historical evolution in data collection and management
- Tools for dissemination
- Test bed development for educational purposes
Papers and posters will be selected to present main topics and different technological solutions, promote discussions among different communities of developers and users.
Paper abstract submissions should be 2 pages maximum (with images), and should adhere to the submission template found here.
For conference session details, and more information about abstract submission, registration and logistics, please consult the IMDIS 2016 web site: http://imdis2016.seadatanet.org
Abstracts submission: 27 May 2016
Author notification: 27 June 2016
Early registration: 2 September 2016 (must be accompanied by payment, discount rate)
Standard registration: 7 October 2016 (full rate)
Cancellation of registration: 27 September 2016