We would like to inform you that the Co-chairs of the Second International Indian Ocean Expedition (IIOE-2) Steering Committee are seeking nominations for Science Theme and Working Group Chairs of the IIOE-2, as specified in the IIOE-2 Implementation Strategy.
To ensure strong international coordination of delivery of IIOE-2, nominations for the roles of Chairs of Science Themes and Working Groups are invited:
Science Theme Positions:
- Human Impacts
- Boundary current dynamics, upwelling
- Monsoon variability and ecosystem response
- Circulation, climate variability and change
- Extreme events and their impacts on ecosystems and human populations
- Unique geological, physical, biogeochemical, and ecological features of the Indian Ocean
Working Group positions:
- Science and Research
- Data and Information Management
- Capacity Development
- Operational Coordination
- Outreach and Communication
- Translating Science for Society
- Sponsorship and Resources
These positions are pivotal for the delivery of IIOE-2 and form the backbone of the Executive within then IIOE-2 Steering Committee.
It is anticipated that those chosen will Chair a small committee under their respective Science Theme or Working Group reflecting international interest and skills in their particular area. It is expected that each committee will be self-sustaining and work largely using e-communication.
The IIOE-2 Steering Committee Chairs will select from the nominations on the basis of:
- - Proven strength and skill of the nominees for the topic;
- - Gender and geographic balance, including developed/developing country balance.
Please complete the nominations form and provide a brief (2 page) CV and return to the Australian Node of the IIOE-2 Joint Project Office as specified in the attached Call for nominations.