We are excited to offer a fixed-term, full-time employment as a Science Communication Officer based at the Institute of Oceanology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IO PAN) in Sopot, Poland as part of IOCCP and IO PAN's Large-Scale Processes Team of the Department of Marine Chemistry & Biogeochemistry. The position is available initially until May 31, 2024 (15 months), with the possibility of extension depending on the availability of funds and mutually satisfactory employment. The monthly salary will be around PLN 10,000 net, depending on the employee's experience. Other terms of employment (e.g. part-time) can be negotiated on an individual basis. The position is open to EU, EEA and Swiss citizens.
The candidate will support the team of scientists in a wide range of duties related to international communication and coordination of elements of the global ocean observation system. The tasks will be performed in close collaboration with many foreign institutions as part of several international projects, e.g. IOCCP, H2020 EuroSea, H2020 ECOTIP, Horizon Europe OceanICU. All tasks are performed in English. We offer very interesting and independent work in a small team and a friendly atmosphere that promotes creativity and personal development of colleagues.
Please submit your applications electronically by January 27, 2023. We plan to conduct interviews with selected candidates on February 6-10, 2023. Employment is scheduled to start on March 1, 2023 or earlier. For details on the position and the application process see below or in the attached full announcement.
Description of tasks:
- Supporting the IOCCP office in the implementation of the project's mission and other tasks related to international communication and coordination of scientific research
- Creating and maintaining current communication channels (e.g. website, newsletter, social media),
- Working with a wide range of communication tools for:
- teleconferences (e.g. Zoom, MS Teams, GoToMeeting)
- project management (e.g. Trello, Monday.com),
- support for shared workspaces (e.g. Sharepoint, Google Docs, Slack)
- Organization of logistics for international meetings, workshops and conferences (including teleconferences) in Poland and abroad
- Graphic editing of communication and promotional materials for projects
- Creating and editing reports related to IOCCP activities
- Occasional remote participation in meetings held at unfavourable times of the day
- Excellent command of English
- Master's degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in communicating with various audiences
- Ability to create and manage a website using dedicated tools (e.g. WordPress, Joomla or other CMS) and generate new content,
- Proficiency in using the Office suite
- Interpersonal skills - high personal culture, building positive relationships, effective communication,
- Independence and commitment to perform assigned duties,
Job application should consist of:
- cover letter, and
- *consent clause
*Please attach a signed document with the following consent clause:
I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the Institute of Oceanology Polish Academy of Science pursuant to Article 6 paragraph 1 letter a of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process for the Post-doc position I also declare that I have read the information on the processing of personal data provided by the Institute in accordance with Article 13 GDPR.
(place and date) (signature of the declarant)
INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA: